CB Insights published a report on the fifty that industries could be transformed by Blockchain.
Some of the more interesting examples include the following:
- Hedge Funds: Numerai is a decentralized analyst platform powered by the Blockchain. Analysts build predictive models then the platform synthesizes those models. The best models are rewarded with the cryptocurrency Numerai.
- Consulting and Forecasting: A firm called Auger allows users to make predictions about current events, similar to PredictIt.
- Insurance: A major trend in insurance is micro-insurance, the ability for insurers to provide insurance policies for specific situations. Blockchain can enable these transactions by facilitating specific insurance for the sharing economy.
- Inheritance: Blockchain can empower and automate filings and claims through automatic updates of the Governments “Deaths Master File.” Foreseeable individuals can establish the distribution of assets to relatives when the File is updated.
Blockchain Industry Reports
- Deloitte’s 2018 Global Blockchain Survey: Survey of Blockchain executives that explores the current state of Blockchain, challenges, emerging enterprises, and revenue of Blockchain firms.
- Emerging Technology Projection: The Total Economic Impact of IBM Blockchain: explores the cost savings, expenditures, and other financial data associated with evaluating a Blockchain project.
- Blockchain Market Shares, Market Strategies, and Market Forecasts, 2018 to 2024: Looks at Blockchain worldwide market statistics and dynamics, applications across industries, and industry research.